Monday 24 February 2014

Stamping

I Have been trying more stamping since returning from my Crafty Holiday and I decided to finally open all the new stamps I bought from the NEC last year including one of my fav's Popcorn Bear. I must say I really did enjoy the stamping although not as much as the colouring! I have used both Pro Markers and Spectrum Noir and although both have the good and bad points I find myself preferring the Spectrum Noir Pens.




I made this Card for a friend who recently had a baby boy who is just beautiful. I started by choosing the Light Blue & Purple BK Paper and cutting  it to size and sticking to my card blank. I then cut 5 Grand Labels One die's descending in size, 3 in White Card, 2 in Silver Mirri, I then went on to Embossed 3 of the die cut squares with my CC Small Dots 8x8 Folder then inking them on the de boss with Tim Holtz Broken China ink. I then layered them up with the 2 Silver Mirri Square Die Cuts. I stamped my image of baby popcorn on the smallest die cut square and coloured him in with my Spectrum Noir Pens Blue & Yellow & stamped my sentiment underneath. I went on to add a Light Blue Glitter Boarder and added it to the 5 layered mat I had put together. I made the flowers using the left over backing paper and a flower die. I added Create & Craft Brads to the centre of the flowers for the finishing touch.

I think back to the days when I first started crafting using nothing but Card Kits using no imagination just putting the pieces together. Now I enjoy designing my cards using my imagination, looking through my stash for ideas! Using Stamps, Masks, Die's, Guilding Flakes and just recently CD Crafting. I have seen my cards go from heavy, stiff mass produced cards to unique, beautiful cards each one different and none of them from cards kits lol

No comments:

Post a Comment