Monday 10 September 2012

Christmas in September


Well its been a busy few days in my house and it looks like Christmas in September with all the Christmas themed papers & embellishments scattered around as I am in the middle of making the Christmas cards for this year. It only seems like 2mins since I was making Easter Cards! My house and myself are both covered in Tinsel Green, Red & Gold Glitter! I just love Glitter, you know the ultra fine stuff that sparkles beautifully in the light. (I'm getting more & more excited about my glitter as I write this and am now thinking finish this post later and go do more glittering!!)


I have also been doing some painting using my Distress Inks, it is so easy and gives a beautiful effect to the Christmas trees or any other project. If you have not tried painting with your distress ink pads then give it at go, its as simple as dabbing your ink pad directly to your craft sheet then taking a small paintbrush dipping it in some water and then swirling the brush in to the ink you dabbed on to your crafting sheet. Then all you need to do is add the paint brush to the card and paint away!


Another technique I have become very fond off is masking with mica powders. I don't just use pre cut masks I make my own masks using the negative of my die cuts. This technique is easy once you know how and I will post a written tutorial on this and many more techniques as time goes on. 


Well break time is over the Christmas cards are calling me begging for me to finish them :) I hope you all are having a wonderful day Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment