Saturday 20 October 2012

Sniffle Sniffle :(

Well its been 4 days of hell :( not only do I have a sore throat  chesty cough and a blocked nose but I have tooth and ear ache too! too make it worse its a WISDOM TOOTH.

       Anyway I have been at home keeping wrapped up warm and well dosed on cough medicine, soothers & ibuprofen, I HATE being ill and I admit I am a big baby when it comes to being ill. 


And yes! you guessed it I'm still crafting. I am still working with the Kanban One Christmas Night Collection. I keep telling myself you can not move on to your BOFFLE Paper crafting kit until you have finished the Kanban. You see I have a tendency to jump from one kit or collection to another... make a few cards then... a new kit comes through the door and I wrapped up in it and forget about the kit I was already working with. Then one day there is  pile of half used kits/collections to be used up. So I am now making sure I use everything I have got from each collection before moving on. Also Money is not as flowing as it once was so I now find my heart saying 'I must buy this new collection' and my brain saying ' It's not in our budget move on...' I become temporarily disappointed but then I'm over it telling myself that once things have settled down I will treat myself!


 I am also having what I call experimenting days (when Im not suffering the woes of a cold that is ) where I try out new techniques and products. I love  stamping, inking, masking... I recently used a flower template I picked up from the Great British Crafting Festival and I taped it down over a white card blank and versa marked through it then dusted the whole thing with mica powder it was beautiful and one of the biggest things I learnt when trying this was always use a ANTI STATIC BAG! It works a treat...no unsightly mica powder bits or finger prints & smudges to be seen just a lovely clean background. Also remember some Mica Powders require you to use a Mini Mister filled with plain old tap water to set them or hairspray does the trick too but water is the cheaper option in the long run :) I am going to  be experimenting with guilding flakes next I think I really do like the look of them.  


At the ending of the day I love using kits and making mixed media cards but what I think is best is when you take both your Card/Paper crafting kit or collection and your mixed media (inks, powders, pens, glitter, ect) and combine them don't just put your cards together the way they are laid out in the kit stretch it out mix it up even mix some kits up! you will have twice the fun and make twice more impressive cards as well:) Hope you are all having a great day & happy crafting Em xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment